Packing the school lunch box becomes a little bit easier and a lot more interesting from today, with the launch of Capilano’s scrumptious new spread Choc Honey.
Capilano has launched the “game-changing” product, an all-natural nut-free spread made from only two ingredients, just as thousands of families around the country get back into the routine of on-campus schooling.
Research conducted across 450 Aussie families shows parents were crying out for help when it came to school lunches, with 70% saying they were always looking for new ideas, and over a third (37%) admitting they “dreaded” the lunch-packing routine.
Ryan d’Almeida, CEO of Hive + Wellness, the company behind the Capilano brand, said: “The research shows that many parents struggle to find lunchbox items that are tasty, natural, nut-free and travel well. Close to one third of parents say their kids’ packed sandwich often return uneaten – that’s a lot of wasted time and energy, while the kids themselves may then be learning on an empty stomach.”
- nearly half of parents get told the lunch they pack is boring (sometimes, often or always)
- two-thirds of parents admit their child says friends have nicer lunches
- a key driver of lunch items was their ability to travel well, with 71% of parents citing this as a factor “often” or “always”, and a further 22% saying this was sometimes true.
- 85% of parents said they considered whether their child would eat everything in the lunch box when packing their lunch
- more than half (54%) said they were influenced by the need to avoid nuts.